Skip to main content

Thoughts On Afghanistan

 Thoughts On Afghanistan 

By: Kori McKenna

Afghanistan's National Flag.

      Ever since I was a young kid, I have been interested in Afghanistan. As I grew up, my interest in the subject never left my mind. With the most recent unfortunate events happening in Afghanistan, the issue should no longer be waited to talk about. 

      America has been at war in Afghanistan for 20 years. The outcome of the end of the war is unfortunate. The presence of American soldiers kept many civilians safe, and now these same civilians are at high risk. It is excellent that America and several other countries have accepted Afghan civilians. Some of these Afghani's will be living in a city near me! I'm very excited to have more identities and cultures around me. Culture is a beautiful thing, so I am happy that we are helping the situation at hand.

      My favorite travel blogger, Drew Binsky, mentioned that Afghanistan is one of his favorite countries. I had always thought about visiting Afghanistan, but now I definitely need to go there after watching Drew. I know the conditions are not ideal currently. Still, I wish I can visit the country's beauty and meet all the fantastic people that live there in my lifetime. Perhaps I will go on a Travel Tour to see the country. 

      I met a friend through Facebook. He lives in Afghanistan, and he tells me about how unfortunate it is to live in the country and how we wish he could escape. I currently can't contact him because of the Taliban takeover, so his messaging is not working. I am worried about him and hope he can also escape that ruthless lifestyle. I hope that all Afghan civilians can find peace, even the Taliban. One day, they will be able to live securely. I want to visit my friend there; he has a mom, an older sister, and a brother-in-law. I am not sure what happened to his dad, but he is not in the picture.

      Afghanistan is a beautiful country with lots of beauty, just like many other countries. Still, you can only visit this one-of-kind lifestyle in Afghanistan! I am hoping for the best for the country, and I hope the Taliban can provide a sound government system that reflects human rights and prosperity. I know I would love to visit the country and make new friends!


Comments

  1. Thank you for reading. I have been trying to get in touch with my friend with no luck. I'm not sure if I will ever hear from him. It breaks my heart every time I think about it. I hope you have a fantastic day and that this blog has shined some light on how beautiful afghan people and culture is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Psoriasis: My Experience Tracker Pt.1

 Diary of Psoriasis: My Experience Tracker Pt.1 By: Kori McKenna In this photo, if you look closely, you can see my hairline has "snowflakes."   This is the first time I have talked about my battle journey with psoriasis, eczema, and similar skin conditions. My first struggle with skin conditions started with scalp psoriasis when I was a child. I also had many skin rashes growing up. Now I am in my mid 20's, and I have scalp psoriasis, rashes, and eczema.      When I went to the doctor as a child, they gave me Head and Shoulder shampoo, which did not keep my scalp psoriasis at bay. Sometimes my scalp would go into remission, but that is a rare occasion that comes and goes. There is no cure for psoriasis.      Recently I went to the doctor as a young adult(Age 23), and they prescribed me three topical medications. The doctor says I have Seboherroic Dermatitis on the front of my scalp, face, and inside my ears; then I have plaques of psoriasis on the sides and back of my sc

Five Ways To Beat Depression

  Five Ways To Beat Depression By: Kori McKenna Depression gets the best of everyone at some point. Here are some tips to help get you out of the funk. This is especially helpful as seasonal depression is at its peak this time of the year. 1. Give yourself something to look forward to. At points, this is hard when there might not be anything to look forward to. I say, make something happen so you can find hope or enjoyment in something, even if it's something small.   2. There will never be a perfect time, so it's time to complete dreams, goals, and hobbies that you have put on hold. It's good to have your best interest in mind and start working on yourself.  3. It takes time and practice to get out of depression. If you have fallbacks, it is essential to keep a positive mindset and quickly move forward from setbacks. Resilience and consistency will boost your confidence and help keep you out of depressions.  4.  We have to learn to let go of things we can not control. Take