Skip to main content

9/11's Reformation in 2021

 9/11's Reformation in 2021

By: Kori McKenna 

 

 In 2001 I was three years old, so for me, I cannot remember one thing about 9/11. However, for years to come growing up and going to school, 9/11 was always an educational day. As a kid, you may not realize how serious a situation is, but as I grew into an adult, I began to understand the impact 9/11 had on America and worldwide. 

    Let me explain what many already know, but others don't, including myself. How did 9/11 happen? With President Biden calling for declassification of many documents from the FBI on 9/11, we will surely learn more. However, in the meantime, we knew the basic measures that day 20 years ago. Terrorist groups had flown to America via regular airports just as any other person would. Airport to airport, these terrorists passed security measures without a problem. When they reached USA airports, they had boarded more planes yet and succeeded. After the boarding process was completed, the aircraft took off, and shortly after, the terrorists had murdered the pilots and passengers, took over the plane, and turned them around to get to their final targets. 

    Now, as I am older and understand what happened that day, I cannot help but be shocked about how the USA was made like fools that day and how somebody took advantage of us. My heart was so heavy for the first time over this year's anniversary, especially with everything that has been in the news about Afghanistan.

    I understand the 3000+ deaths that occurred on 9/11, but for the next 20 years, we had spent an infinite amount of money on war and lost many more lives in the process. Unfortunately, these wars should have never taken place, but because they have, we need to reform what 9/11 truly means because it is more than just American lives. It is human lives, innocent humans who have been hurt infinitely over what took place on 9/11. Iraq and Afghanistan have been harmed horrifically over the original problem, and we need to honor their lives and their services on this day as well. 

    For me, lives will always be lives no matter where you are from. On this day and every day, I will always respect and honor every person harmed by the horrific events of 9/11 and the next 20+ years of tragedy that is still in the making and potentially never will be solved. America, Afghanistan, and Iraq, from an American citizen, I honor you and stand by you, and I am deeply sorry for all of the losses we have faced as a world over this. I wish for unity everyday and peace and happiness to be our futures. I will forever recognize every human life that had been harmed due to 9/11 and anything that happened after that day. It is the only right way to honor 9/11. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Psoriasis: My Experience Tracker Pt.1

 Diary of Psoriasis: My Experience Tracker Pt.1 By: Kori McKenna In this photo, if you look closely, you can see my hairline has "snowflakes."   This is the first time I have talked about my battle journey with psoriasis, eczema, and similar skin conditions. My first struggle with skin conditions started with scalp psoriasis when I was a child. I also had many skin rashes growing up. Now I am in my mid 20's, and I have scalp psoriasis, rashes, and eczema.      When I went to the doctor as a child, they gave me Head and Shoulder shampoo, which did not keep my scalp psoriasis at bay. Sometimes my scalp would go into remission, but that is a rare occasion that comes and goes. There is no cure for psoriasis.      Recently I went to the doctor as a young adult(Age 23), and they prescribed me three topical medications. The doctor says I have Seboherroic Dermatitis on the front of my scalp, face, and inside my ears; then I have plaques of psoriasis on the sides and back of my sc

Five Ways To Beat Depression

  Five Ways To Beat Depression By: Kori McKenna Depression gets the best of everyone at some point. Here are some tips to help get you out of the funk. This is especially helpful as seasonal depression is at its peak this time of the year. 1. Give yourself something to look forward to. At points, this is hard when there might not be anything to look forward to. I say, make something happen so you can find hope or enjoyment in something, even if it's something small.   2. There will never be a perfect time, so it's time to complete dreams, goals, and hobbies that you have put on hold. It's good to have your best interest in mind and start working on yourself.  3. It takes time and practice to get out of depression. If you have fallbacks, it is essential to keep a positive mindset and quickly move forward from setbacks. Resilience and consistency will boost your confidence and help keep you out of depressions.  4.  We have to learn to let go of things we can not control. Take